Expected Result. Unexpected Method July 24, 2017 12:36 pm By World of Golf London Master Professional, Jon Woodroffe We all thought that with a 3 shot lead and only eighteen holes to play, there was no earthly way that the reliable Jordan Spieth would do anything other than take the Claret Jug home to the US. Fair do’s, he did win, but how? In the end it was about... View Article
My golfing hero is… John Daly July 24, 2017 8:05 am By World of Golf London Teaching Professional, Kevin McDonald His nickname was “Wild Thing” and I loved his carefree, gung-ho style of playing. The game of golf was brightened up dramatically when he burst onto the scene, sneaking into the 1991 USPGA Championship at Crooked Stick Indiana, as a last-minute reserve. He drove through the night to get there, teed... View Article
My golfing hero is…Ernie Els July 12, 2017 6:46 am By World of Golf London Teaching Professional, Andrew Hillman I learned my craft as a junior at the Grahamstown Golf Club back in South Africa. As a young golf enthusiast, I remember admiring the traits and skills of many past major champions, from Jack Nicklaus, Gary Player, Tom Watson to Fred Couples and Seve Ballesteros. But my real hero was... View Article
How to get backspin: 6 things you can do July 7, 2017 6:50 am By World of Golf London Master Professional, Jon Woodroffe I am often asked: “how do I get backspin on the ball when I am chipping onto the green?” My answer is always the same – hit the ball properly!! Every single shot you hit, that gets airborne, has got backspin on it. Even with a driver. When chipping, most people are... View Article
- Warming up to play golf
- Buy one get one free with Adventure Golf in May
- Chin up!
- At last..a governing body funded campaign to drive participation in golf
- A natural swing starts with good posture
- Play Surrey National Golf Club for just £18
- Serviced offices coming soon to World of Golf London
- Top up your range card and enjoy a fantastic deal at The Addington
- Miss on the Professional Side of the Hole
- Posture at set up. Try this drill on the range.