Take Away Check
By Jon Woodroffe – Master Professional, World of Golf London
After you have got your address position and grip correct, the next stage where things can go pear shape, is on the take away from the ball.
As golf professionals we like to video our students’ take away. When we play it back to them, it is easy for them to see that they are either dragging the club too much around their body, or picking it up like a sledgehammer. It’s not so easy for them to feel the correct position.
Here is a terrific way to feel the right start to the swing, without a video, or an expensive metal circle. All you need is a friend with a driver. You ask the aforementioned friend to lay the driver shaft under the shaft of your golf club, as in the picture. Then, slowly, so that you do not rearrange your friend’s dental configuration, swing your golf club back, ensuring that you keep the shaft of your golf club rubbing against the driver shaft.
Remember, this tip is just to give you a feeling of the correct take away. Please don’t follow through and try to hit the ball, or you will very quickly run out of friends to help.
- Take Away Check
- Brand new party venue
- Warming up to play golf
- Buy one get one free with Adventure Golf in May
- Chin up!
- At last..a governing body funded campaign to drive participation in golf
- A natural swing starts with good posture
- Play Surrey National Golf Club for just £18
- Serviced offices coming soon to World of Golf London
- Top up your range card and enjoy a fantastic deal at The Addington